What does Comodo CA Rebranding as
Sectigo Mean for Customers?
On the 1st of November 2018, Comodo CA announced that it will be rebranded as
A few customers have asked questions regarding the state of existing Comodo (or
Why Comodo CA is Rebranding as
On October 31, 2017, Comodo CA was acquired by Francisco Partners, a
private equity firm that invests in technology-centered businesses. However, Francisco Partners only acquired the certificate authority part of Comodo so there is still Comodo Cybersecurity that sells security products like cWatch and antivirus software.
If Comodo CA had not been rebranded as
The second reason for the rebranding, as outlined by Bill Holtz, the CEO of
Comodo CA Rebranding to Sectigo: What’s Changing?
- The company’s name is changing from Comodo CA to
Sectigoto prevent any confusion with Comodo Cybersecurity.
- The company is expanding into other aspects of website security and IoT.
- Some of the company’s product names will be updated. For example, the Comodo SSL product line will become
- Customers will receive a new trust logo that they’ll be able to use in their websites to replace the Comodo TrustLogo.
Comodo CA Rebranding to Sectigo: What’s Staying the Same?
- You can rely on the same SSL certificate products you know and love.
- All customer support platforms and employee phone numbers will remain the same.
- The rebranding will not shuffle or change the company’s set of executives and teams.
- Customers will not have to change, reissue or reinstall their active SSL certificates.
- You can still depend on 24/7 support from our SSL experts!
How Will the Rebranding Affect Active SSL/TLS Certificates?
- As already mentioned above, Comodo CA’s rebranding as
Sectigowill not affect the currently active SSL/TLS certificates.
- Existing certificates will remain active and effective.
- Customers will still be able to get the same level of support from the same channels of communication.
- The pricing structure will remain the same.
- The new TrustLogo will be sent to customers over email and they can implement it in their websites.
- Starting in January, new certificates will be issued using the
Sectigobrand instead of Comodo.
Want to learn more about the